Thentia is a fast-growing, dynamic software company that is emerging as a world leader in government technology. A company of builders, thinkers, and owners, Thentia gives employees the opportunity to create amazing solutions, showcase their talents and benefit from our shared success as we scale up in the US, Canadian, and global markets. Further, Thentia’s solutions directly impact the public trust and regulatory integrity, helping regulators and agencies meet 21st century standards by leveraging predictive analytics, Big Data, AI, and other innovative capabilities government agencies can leverage. Internally, our culture fosters collaboration, inclusivity, intellectual curiosity and professional development.
This is an amazing time for new talent to help shape the way we build our company, our product solutions, and ultimately serve the public. If this resonates with you and you want to get on board, we encourage you to apply today.
About the Role
The Accounting Manager will be the first member of a burgeoning accounting team for an early-stage, high-growth company. Over time additional staff will be added to the accounting team with an eye towards the Accounting Manager being promoted to leading the entire team. In the interim, this position will own many functions across the entire daily accounting and administrative landscape, including management or payables/receivables, running payroll, leading the monthly close process, and ensuring compliance with GAAP. You will work closely with the CFO in a highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented environment to meet the needs of this fast-paced business.
The ideal candidate will have excellent technical skills in accounting but also an entrepreneurial mindset. You will report to the CFO who is experienced in early-stage software businesses.
- Own from start to finish the monthly close process, including timely management of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Optimize the Microsoft Dynamics ERP to ensure smooth, automated accounting processes and to enable robust and timely reporting of results.
- Helping to recruit a robust, flexible accounting team as the company grows.
- Help manage payroll and government filings.
- Working closely with external parties such as auditors and banks
- Working with the CFO to set the company’s accounting policies, with due consideration of the multi-national nature of the company.
- Other duties as reasonably necessary to help the company move quickly and achieve high standards of excellence in accounting.
- At least four years relevant experience in public or corporate accounting
- Experience with SaaS or businesses with recurring revenue ideal
- CPA preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or a relevant discipline
- A background in both US GAAP and IFRS is helpful
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics a plus but not required.
- Willingness to periodically travel within North America.
- Competitive base salary plus benefits.
At Thentia, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.