Thentia is a fast-growing, dynamic software company that is emerging as a world leader in government technology. A company of builders, thinkers, and owners, Thentia gives employees the opportunity to create amazing solutions, showcase their talents and benefit from our shared success as we scale up in the US, Canadian, and global markets. Further, Thentia’s solutions directly impact public trust and regulatory integrity, helping regulators and agencies meet 21st century standards by leveraging predictive analytics, Big Data, AI, and other innovative capabilities government agencies can leverage. Internally, our culture fosters collaboration, inclusivity, intellectual curiosity and professional development.
This is an amazing time for new talent to help shape the way we build our company, our product solutions, and ultimately serve the public. If this resonates with you and you want to get on board, we encourage you to apply today.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a Technical Writer capable of API documentation as well as general technical documentation for this fast-growing SaaS company. We are looking for a self-starter who can identify all end-user and API documentation requirements and work with a team to develop a library of technical documentation to support the product. We are interested in candidates that have fresh ideas about new and innovative ways for readers to consume technical content above and beyond traditional PDF manuals, including online help. This role will work closely with the product, development, and documentation teams to pull together the required documentation.
- Lead the build-out of a technical communications library covering API and other technical documentation.
- Implement an online help framework and the content within it, with the technical writing team.
- Work with intersects with dev, engineering, and product to gather technical info and requirements.
- Apply creative skills and use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts to facilitate user comprehension.
- Translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for customers.
- Rewrite highly complex concepts into simple concepts for end-users and API specialists.
- Write technical documents for the different target audiences of both internal and external developers and engineers.
- The mindset to build a documentation delivery platform to handle release and API documentation.
- Keep the technical content library current, accurate, purposeful, readable, and accessible at all times, especially as new products and functionality are released.
- Bring fresh and innovative ideas to the table on technical content delivery. Stay current with technical content delivery best practices.
- 2 to 5 years of experience creating technical documentation for an enterprise software company.
- Extremely comfortable writing code snippets and examples on how to use APIs.
- Has experience working with platform APIs frameworks and very comfortable writing code snippets and examples on how to use APIs.
- Can write for a target audience of internal and external developers and engineers.
- Has experience working with platform APIs frameworks.
- Above-average writing skills and 100% fluency in English.
- Background in engineering or computer science
- Experience with WordPress
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
We care about our clients. We genuinely want to help them with their work and collaborate on solving problems aimed at making our clients a more effective regulator.
Thentia provides employees with a competitive base salary along with:
- Full Health Insurance coverage,
- Flexible paid-time-off, including vacation and sick leave,
- Employee Stock Options Plan
- Year-end bonus
- Remote or Hybrid working options,
- Professional development & training
At Thentia, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.