Thentia is a fast-growing, dynamic software company that is emerging as a world leader in government technology. A company of builders, thinkers, and owners, Thentia gives employees the opportunity to create amazing solutions, showcase their talents and benefit from our shared success as we scale up in the US, Canadian, and global markets. Further, Thentia’s solutions directly impact the public trust and regulatory integrity, helping regulators and agencies meet 21st century standards by leveraging predictive analytics, Big Data, AI, and other innovative capabilities government agencies can leverage. Internally, our culture fosters collaboration, inclusivity, intellectual curiosity and professional development.
This is an amazing time for new talent to help shape the way we build our company, our product solutions, and ultimately serve the public. If this resonates with you and you want to get on board, we encourage you to apply today.
About the Role
Thentia is seeking a Business Analyst who can energetically help advance a high-growth software company. The position will have a varied slate of responsibilities, working closely with the CFO/COO to understand current and future business conditions and to optimize company processes and practices for success. The role will include both the development of scalable, standardized processes as well as ad-hoc analysis necessary to reveal key insights in all areas of the business.
A strong understanding of SaaS metrics and recurring revenue business models is essential for success in this role. The right person will apply knowledge of best practices while maintaining a first principles problem-solving approach, thinking creatively about how best to solve unique business problems. This is an excellent role for someone who wants to rapidly learn the fundamentals of shaping and leading a growth-stage software company.
- Help build and maintain a suite of automated, standardized metrics and reports across the organization that help the management of the organization monitor progress towards business goals.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and research, including working cross-functionally across the organization, as necessary to improve and optimize performance.
- Apply critical thinking to business information, considering tradeoffs, to make insightful recommendations
- As necessary, help build processes within the business that improve customer experience, margins and organizational scalability
- Take on special projects as part of a high-velocity corporate finance/operations team to drive growth for the company
- At least 2 years of experience as an analyst or similar role inside a high growth organization
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Curiosity and a multi-disciplinary approach to problem-solving
- A natural inclination to consider problems from a first-principles perspective while also being willing to skeptically consider best-practice solutions from other leading organizations
- An entrepreneurial, growth-oriented mindset
- Exceptionally strong skills in Excel as well as a good knowledge of how to use BI tools to standardize and automate analysis
- Confidence to work collaboratively across many business segments, integrating information across the organization
- Willingness to do both big and small things, from working on major presentations to grinding through large datasets. Whatever it takes to advance the organization.
- Willingness to periodically travel within North America
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
We care about our clients. We genuinely want to help them with their work and collaborate on solving problems aimed at making our clients a more effective regulator.
Thentia provides employees with a competitive base salary along with:
- Full Health Insurance coverage,
- Flexible paid-time-off, including vacation and sick leave,
- Employee Stock Options Plan
- Year-end bonus
- Remote or Hybrid working options,
- Professional development & training
At Thentia, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.