Thentia Cloud is a fast-growing, venture capital-backed software as a service (SaaS) company that is emerging as a world leader in government technology with a platform that is transforming and modernizing how regulatory organizations are conducting business. A company of builders, thinkers, and owners, Thentia gives employees the opportunity to create amazing solutions, showcase their talents, and benefit from our shared success as we scale up in the U.S., Canadian, and global markets. Further, Thentia Cloud’s solutions directly impact public trust and regulatory integrity, helping regulators and agencies meet 21st century standards by leveraging predictive analytics, Big Data, AI, and other innovative capabilities. Internally, our culture fosters collaboration, inclusivity, intellectual curiosity, and professional development.
About the role:
The Cloud Architect helps architect, deploy, and operate Thentia’s cloud application and services infrastructure that aligns with business needs and enables secure and steady expansion as our employee population and customer base grows. The position is responsible for supporting operational innovation and providing support to the business to assure the company’s product’s delivery within a cloud computing infrastructure. They helps deliver applications at scale, securely, and with resiliency to support business initiatives. They should be adept at dealing with disparate applications and data systems to maintain the level of rigour required to adhere to business direction. Along with the depth of system coverage, the role requires planning and designing policies and maintenance, adherence to governance expectations, and managing and maintaining tools that monitor and assure compliance with company and regulatory standards.
- Lead a team and ensuring that team is engaged, mentored and empowered to do their best work
- Develop and maintain secure, resilient enterprise-grade cloud processes in tandem with architects and security engineers.
- Protect business applications and computing environments across public, private or hybrid cloud infrastructures in compliance with privacy, security, business resiliency and compliance frameworks as defined in corporate policies.
- Maintain a consistent, stable, and secure environment using configuration management solutions (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.). Conduct rigorous oversight of security systems and security configuration administration to reduce risk to enterprise systems and accounts.
- Assist with development, maintenance, and utilization of scripts (e.g., Python, Ruby, etc.) to support custom extract, transform load (ETL) tools with a security and system/cloud administration focus for data flow.
- Actively monitor, assess, and recommend tactical and strategic initiatives based on new and emerging threats posing a risk to cloud computing environments.
- Manage remediation efforts after audit and security assessment findings outline weaknesses requiring attention.
- Document, formulate and enforce areas of delivery improvement that balance risk with business operations and do not diminish efficiencies or innovation.
- Act as a key figure in incident response to track occurrence and resolution, with strict documentation and reporting and engagement with security operations and incident response teams.
- At least 7+ years of experience with Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or VMware.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in systems and security administration across a wide variety of on-premises and cloud infrastructure, including software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS).
- Possess experience in cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, administration, and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledgeable in architecture, engineering, and design principles.
- Experience in orchestration tools such as Git, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet and/or Salt.
- Experience in network and encryption, including virtual private networks (VPNs), IPsec, SSL/TLS, LDAP, and public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Strong Linux and Windows support skills.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, PowerShell, and JavaScrip
- Proven experience leading teams creating production machine learning pipelines
- Experience in operational and security incident response and system configuration processes.
- Holds or working toward one or more certifications, including AWS CCP, Google ACE, AZ-900, 300, 500, 900, AWS CSAA, AWS CDE, Google CDE, Google CAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
We care about our clients. We genuinely want to help them with their work and collaborate on solving problems aimed at making our clients a more effective regulator.
Thentia provides employees with a competitive base salary along with:
- Full Health Insurance coverage,
- Flexible paid-time-off, including vacation and sick leave,
- Employee Stock Options Plan
- Year-end bonus
- Remote or Hybrid working options,
- Professional development & training
At Thentia, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Job Category||Software Development|