Thentia Cloud is a fast-growing, venture capital-backed software as a service (SaaS) company that is emerging as a world leader in government technology with a platform that is transforming and modernizing how regulatory organizations are conducting business. A company of builders, thinkers, and owners, Thentia gives employees the opportunity to create amazing solutions, showcase their talents, and benefit from our shared success as we scale up in the U.S., Canadian, and global markets. Further, Thentia Cloud’s solutions directly impact public trust and regulatory integrity, helping regulators and agencies meet 21st century standards by leveraging predictive analytics, Big Data, AI, and other innovative capabilities. Internally, our culture fosters collaboration, inclusivity, intellectual curiosity, and professional development.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual Head of IT Service Desk to lead the IT Service Desk team. This team is responsible for actively handling communications pertaining to technical support, operations, changes, outages, and issues in a timely and professional manner. The Head will play an integral role in leading a team of responsible for serving as a key point of contact for all matters related to the Service Desk, including implementation of Service Desk strategy and initiatives, escalations, Service Desk reporting and productivity. As well as leading, supervising, and mentoring team members, assigning duties and preparing and delivering performance reviews.
- Lead and oversee all components of the Service Desk and Support team operation
- Lead operational and daily activities of assigned resources to ensure customers receive an effective and timely resolution of all issues
- Identify and develop targets, metrics and reports that measure the quality and effectiveness of service
- Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues and acts as escalation point for all requests and incidents.
- Responsible for staffing capacity planning, service process design, performance analysis, and developing proactive resolution plans.
- Develops, implements, and oversees procedures and work instructions to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions.
- Develops and enhances escalation processes through all channels (phone/ticket/email/SMS, etc.) to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization.
- Determines root cause of issues and communicates appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Manages the process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
- Reviews survey feedback to improve services, tools and client support experiences.
- Participate in resource management meetings to identify resource requirements across the department and to ensure optimal productivity levels are achieved by all resources
- Work with Thentia’s leadership to identify trends and uncover opportunities for improvements through product feedback
- 8+ years of proven experience in Service Desk roles.
- 3 + years of leadership experience managing, training, and developing a strong team in a SaaS environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or an equivalent amount of professional experience working in a matrixed environment
- Requires familiarity with Jira, Atlassian and OKTA
- Advanced understanding of change management processes and proven application of change management principles
- Thorough knowledge of Information Technology products and services, incident / request management processes and security and regulatory principles.
- Wide breadth of IT knowledge through exposure to a variety of technologies, both hardware/infrastructure and software/applications.
- Experience in managing third party delivered services & telecommunications outages.
- Experience working in and leading teams in a multi-site environment.
- Ability to synthesize system information and business processes into clear impacts and benefits that are conveyed through learning, communication, and presentation materials
- Technical aptitude to quickly learn business solutions
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and SharePoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
We care about our clients. We genuinely want to help them with their work and collaborate on solving problems aimed at making our clients a more effective regulator.
Thentia provides employees with a competitive base salary along with:
- Full Health Insurance coverage,
- Flexible paid-time-off, including vacation and sick leave,
- Employee Stock Options Plan
- Year-end bonus
- Remote or Hybrid working options,
- Professional development & training
At Thentia, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.