Thentia Cloud is a fast-growing, venture capital-backed software as a service (SaaS) company that is emerging as a world leader in government technology with a platform that is transforming and modernizing how regulatory organizations are conducting business. A company of builders, thinkers, and owners, Thentia gives employees the opportunity to create amazing solutions, showcase their talents, and benefit from our shared success as we scale up in the U.S., Canadian, and global markets. Further, Thentia Cloud’s solutions directly impact public trust and regulatory integrity, helping regulators and agencies meet 21st century standards by leveraging predictive analytics, Big Data, AI, and other innovative capabilities. Internally, our culture fosters collaboration, inclusivity, intellectual curiosity, and professional development.
About the role:
The IT Project Manager role manages key projects within Thentia. Responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project. This role will work directly with key business stakeholders to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
- Maintain overall control of the schedule and the delivery of all expected deliverables
- Prepare the management deliverables (e.g., project plan, work plan, management reviews, request for changes, outstanding issues, and risks) and seek approval when necessary
- Maintain ongoing contact with the customer success manager and ensure ongoing close work relationship
- Communicate plans, responsibilities, and status to project stakeholders
- Manage and communicate all outstanding issues, risks and decisions and change requests.
- 5 + years of project planning experience and executing highly dependent strategic initiatives in a SaaS environment
- Program and project management skills that include starting and landing projects, measuring their impact, and documenting the process.
- Strong relationship management skills – you can interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups with the ability to hold people accountable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail – and can collect, document, and articulate merchant goals, requirements, and organizational nuances
- You have a high level of operational and organizational acumen
- You have the willingness to learn and develop your skills
- You are proactive and can prioritize across multiple competing priorities
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
We care about our clients. We genuinely want to help them with their work and collaborate on solving problems aimed at making our clients a more effective regulator.
Thentia provides employees with a competitive base salary along with:
- Full Health Insurance coverage,
- Flexible paid-time-off, including vacation and sick leave,
- Employee Stock Options Plan
- Year-end bonus
- Remote or Hybrid working options,
- Professional development & training
At Thentia, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.