Thentia is a fast-growing, dynamic software company that is emerging as a world leader in government technology. A company of builders, thinkers, and owners, Thentia gives employees the opportunity to create amazing solutions, showcase their talents and benefit from our shared success as we scale up in the US, Canadian, and global markets. Further, Thentia’s solutions directly impact public trust and regulatory integrity, helping regulators and agencies meet 21st century standards by leveraging predictive analytics, Big Data, AI, and other innovative capabilities government agencies can leverage. Internally, our culture fosters collaboration, inclusivity, intellectual curiosity, and professional development.
This is an amazing time for new talent to help shape the way we build our company, our product solutions, and ultimately serve the public. If this resonates with you and you want to get on board, we encourage you to apply today.
About the Role
Are you a budding designer looking for an opportunity to shine in a robust editorial environment? Are you a visual storyteller that wants to work with a skilled editorial team to support first-class editorial content with rich, compelling visuals? Do you like to be a part of the editorial process in order to develop visual content that tells a story? And are you capable of designing visuals to drive engagement? If so, you will be interested in joining our growing company as a junior designer to support our editorial, marketing and research teams.
We are a technology company building a media-rich environment for our readership. We value insight, meaning, and actionable intelligence over ‘content for the sake of content’. We appeal to an educated, professional audience that can distinguish great content and expert intelligence from commonplace marketing content. Part of this effort will involve the production of infographics, blog visuals, well-designed marketing assets, and related visuals.
In this position, requirements will grow. Whether you are early in your design career or a recent graduate from a design program, this is an ideal position for you and there’s plenty of room to grow into a more senior design role as editorial and research functions expand.
- Design whitepapers, eBooks, guides, research reports, and other long-form assets.
- Create infographics, blog visuals, whitepaper visuals, data visualizations, and other visual elements in support of marketing, editorial, and research.
- Design website wireframes, mockups, and related materials for our corporate and content website.
- Be a brand steward and apply internal brand guidelines and standards across all public-facing and internal visual assets.
- Lead and curate internal and external presentation design library for all company presentations and document (i.e., in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word).
- A bachelor’s degree in a design-oriented field, an equivalent diploma, or 1-2 years of experience working in a design role for a marketing department or agency.
- Excellent design skills and sensibilities.
- Experience with webpage design.
- An ability to bring fresh, creative ideas to the table during editorial and research team meetings.
- A capacity for and love of visual storytelling.
- Excellent command of Adobe Creative Cloud products, Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Word and PowerPoint), and Figma.
- Competitive base salary plus benefits.
If you are interested, please send your resume, LinkedIn profile, and a design portfolio ideally including visual design as well as video samples.
At Thentia, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.