Thentia is a fast-growing, dynamic software company that is emerging as a world leader in government technology. A company of builders, thinkers, and owners, Thentia gives employees the opportunity to create amazing solutions, showcase their talents and benefit from our shared success as we scale up in the US, Canadian, and global markets. Further, Thentia’s solutions directly impact the public trust and regulatory integrity, helping regulators and agencies meet 21st century standards by leveraging predictive analytics, Big Data, AI, and other innovative capabilities government agencies can leverage. Internally, our culture fosters collaboration, inclusivity, intellectual curiosity and professional development.
This is an amazing time for new talent to help shape the way we build our company, our product solutions, and ultimately serve the public. If this resonates with you and you want to get on board, we encourage you to apply today
About the role:
We are looking for a videographer and video editor capable of producing a variety of video assets for our expanding content program and internal video projects. Reporting to the Content Director, this role presents an exciting opportunity for a creative videographer and video editor to work with an enthusiastic team of committed experts spread across North America and produce a wide array of video assets. This will involve setting up a video marketing program from scratch and allocating technical and software resources to remote personnel and other distributed participants. The successful candidate will be capable of editing captured video to produce internal product training videos; other internal training videos; short, a variety of medium and long marketing videos; video podcasts; and other video assets as required.
- Create a variety of video assets for marketing campaigns, internal training, product demonstrations, and other projects as required.
- Make creative and technical decisions to produce single- and multi-camera presentations by assessing projects for requirements (artistic, technical, time, material, budgeting, etc.); planning and scheduling productions; determining equipment, lighting, crew, and location needs.
- Capable of leading video production by exercising creative and technical control of video/audio recording.
- May require acting independently as videographer, producer and /or director; supervising production crews; directing talent for voice, physical presence, and actions; and editing the final production.
- Perform repairs, set-ups, and preventive maintenance as appropriate.
- Ensure production technology and equipment is up-to-date and meet the company’s needs by researching, evaluating and recommending equipment purchases.
- Supporting and coordinating with team members to ensure that the online media sites are organized, up-to-date, and meeting audience needs and client objectives.
- Ability to assimilate technical information and interpret it to a non-technical audience; and to communicate with technical staff about end-users needs.
- 4 years of post-secondary education in Design, Communications, Fine Arts or a related field, or the equivalent amount of education and experience.
- 3 -5 years of experience in digital video production.
- Working knowledge of marketing video best practices.
- Knowledgeable in technical requirements for recorded video and audio segments into a completed technically and aesthetically effective presentation.
- Knowledgeable in techniques, methods and practices relating to social media to provide video assets to be used on YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn and other platforms.
- Skilled with Adobe After Effects and Adobe Creative Cloud products.
- Design experience is considered an asset.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills and Fluency in the English language are required.
- Should be exceptional in taking the initiative, client service and reliable
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as required, sound judgement and tact.
- Detail-oriented, problem solver, resourceful, innovative, flexible & accessible.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Competitive base salary with benefits
Please provide examples of previous work, along with your resume.
At Thentia, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.