Thentia is a fast-growing, dynamic software company that is emerging as a world leader in government technology. A company of builders, thinkers, and owners, Thentia gives employees the opportunity to create amazing solutions, showcase their talents and benefit from our shared success as we scale up in the US, Canadian, and global markets. Further, Thentia’s solutions directly impact the public trust and regulatory integrity, helping regulators and agencies meet 21st century standards by leveraging predictive analytics, Big Data, AI, and other innovative capabilities government agencies can leverage. Internally, our culture fosters collaboration, inclusivity, intellectual curiosity and professional development.
This is an amazing time for new talent to help shape the way we build our company, our product solutions and ultimately serve the public. If this resonates with you and you want to get on board, we encourage you to apply today.
About the role:
Reporting to the VP + Chief Design Officer, you will be responsible for defining, evangelizing, and driving the implementation of the overall design vision for Thentia’s products. You will contribute towards Thentia’s UI/UX principles and will maintain UI/UX frameworks for all our products.
You have deep experience and practical expertise in Mobile/In-browser User Interface Design. A balanced understanding of strategy, usability, interaction, and visual design is necessary. You obsess over details that impact the experience as a whole and insist on iterating until we have got it right. You see feedback as a good thing. You are a great storyteller who is at ease presenting and discussing work with clients and stakeholders. You will mentor, guide, and provide support for members of the experience design team. We are looking for a profoundly engaged and experienced designer to spearhead new creative and strategic thinking.
You know the experience design process and develop a complete range of UI/UX artifacts. You are adept at working with multiple stakeholders and comfortable working collaboratively with development team members, as well as those from diverse disciplines and industries.
- Lead design research, ideation, and creation of digital interfaces across multiple platforms and devices
- Be dependable when faced with timelines and deliverables of multiple projects.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Design user interface elements
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the product functions and looks.
- Create original designs (e.g., images, sketches, and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g., responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours, and images.
- Act as a mentor and be an advocate for constant learning by supporting the design team and its individuals’ growth.
- Minimum 5 – 10 years of experience as a UI-UX Designer or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in relevant field
- An impressive portfolio that demonstrates a variety of projects, exploration, design styles, platforms and processes and communicates the goals, process, and outcomes of your work.
- Experience leading design workshops to help define our product’s strategy, then guiding that through iteration, testing, shipping and beyond
- Experience building, integrating and Managing Design Systems/ and component libraries using Figma.
- Experience with interaction design using Principle, Lottie, After Effects, HTML/CSS, Framer.js, etc.
- Experienced with end-to-end, human-centred Product Design including market and user research, information architecture, wireframing, user flows, user experience design, interface design, prototyping and user testing.
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch, Photoshop + Illustrator (Creative Cloud Suite), Invision or Keynote
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to convey and debate design strategy.
- Passionate about empathizing with users’ needs, motivations, and behaviours, and can translate that empathy into actionable deliverables.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines.
- Your attention to detail lets nothing slip through the cracks.
Nice to have
- A passion for illustration, copywriting, photography, public speaking, or any other special skills
- Coding knowledge — HTML5, CSS3, .JS
- Design team mentorship experience
- Heath Insurance benefits
- Flexible remote working
- Base + Bonus
At Thentia, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.