Thentia is a fast-growing, dynamic software company that is emerging as a world leader in government technology. A company of builders, thinkers, and owners, Thentia gives employees the opportunity to create amazing solutions, showcase their talents and benefit from our shared success as we scale up in the US, Canadian, and global markets. Further, Thentia’s solutions directly impact public trust and regulatory integrity, helping regulators and agencies meet 21st century standards by leveraging predictive analytics, Big Data, AI, and other innovative capabilities government agencies can leverage. Internally, our culture fosters collaboration, inclusivity, intellectual curiosity, and professional development.
This is an amazing time for new talent to help shape the way we build our company, our product solutions, and ultimately serve the public. If this resonates with you and you want to get on board, we encourage you to apply today.
About the Role:
Thentia is seeking a skilled Marketing Web Developer to help create a content-rich online resource. The successful candidate will have proven experience leading the creation, optimization, maintenance, and management of a multimedia website driven by content. Reporting to the Content Director, the Marketing Web Developer will join our marketing team and be tasked with the creation and upkeep of our content and brand websites and landing pages, with a focus on visitor experience, increasing subscriptions, and conversion optimization. Ultimately, you will help execute the vision for this new content hub and brand site. We are aiming high with this role, so the ideal candidate will have either led or worked on significant and exemplary website projects for notable brands or media outlets. The website will also contain resources for all technical documentation and online help for product users.
- Lead the creation of a new, content-centric, best-in-class, WordPress-supported website.
- Code digital marketing properties including the core websites, blogs, landing pages, marketing pages, technical documentation, online help, and mobile experience.
- Convert design mockups with specifications into functional web pages, components, and reusable templates.
- Use a broad set of technology tools: HTML, CSS, SCSS, WordPress, Microsoft Dynamics 365, etc. to create web-based solutions.
- Collaborate with the Content Director, VP of Design, Marketing Designer, and third-party vendors to develop and maintain dynamic themes for WordPress that meet our brand and usability standards.
- Develop, monitor, maintain the main WordPress website, including plugin releases, patches, and new deployments.
- Ensure all front-end development meets or exceeds the latest accessibility standards and regulations and Thentia’s stringent security and privacy standards.
- Monitor emerging threats and vulnerabilities that may impact Thentia’s web platforms, including WordPress and WordPress plugins; and work to secure affected sites and platforms quickly and as needed.
- Support the ongoing maintenance and development of secondary web-based platforms such as mobile apps and new marketing initiatives.
- Evaluate new digital and web-based tools, platforms and emerging technologies and make recommendations for implementation or adoption as appropriate.
- Research and develop solutions to ensure Thentia’s resources are available on new platforms and technologies as they arise.
- Experience with WordPress as a development framework and MS Dynamics 365, building responsive, mobile-first websites is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors, preferably SCSS.
- Ability to program under different constraints: Contributing to long-term strategic projects while positively contributing to last-minute fixes and short-term solutions.
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing practices (SEO, analytics, category, and tag management, etc.) Knowledge of accessibility standards and experience developing AODA-compliant websites.
- Experience turning wireframes and Figma mockups into dynamic, working websites.
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git, SVN), A/B and unit testing,
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser, cross-platform development, Google Analytics and traffic-measuring methods.
- Solid working knowledge of web servers and database-driven website development.
- Ability to understand and apply brand standards and stay current with new development trends, languages, and frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
At Thentia, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.